I think just about everyone loves chicken wings. But after a while they can get a little boring. Same thing all the time…We have a favorite wings place here in Florida called Hurricane Wings. (They’re on Long Island in NY now too!) They have lots of different flavors along with the usual hot stuff.
So the other night I remembered I had a bag of frozen uncooked wings and wanted to make up a batch. Well as anyone who knows me, I love garlic. Can never have too much if you ask me. I also love butter and parmesan cheese. So why not combine them all with the chicken wings! Wonderful idea. What I liked most about this is that I didn’t have to defrost the wings first! Bonus!
I just followed the directions on the bag. Baked them for 45 minutes at 400ºF. My oven also has a convection option so I used the convection roast setting. I also turned them over a couple of times during the cooking. We love crispy wings and if you do them this way you won’t have all the extra fat from deep-frying.
I am happy to say they came out awesome! We also served them with the usual blue cheese dressing. When I made them I didn’t have any celery so I cut a cucumber into long slices and that worked just fine.
2-4 lbs. uncooked chicken wings (frozen or unfrozen)
6-8 cloves garlic minced (cut back if you don’t like a lot of garlic)
6-8 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese of choice
½ teaspoon each dried basil and oregano
1. Follow cooking directions on bag of chicken. Different cooking times for frozen or thawed. Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and cook as directed. This will take 30-45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine the melted butter, garlic, basil and oregano. Add ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese. Mix well.
3. When the wings are done to your liking, we like them crispy, remove from cookie sheet and put them in a large bowl. Add the butter, garlic mixture to the wings and mix well.
4. Put the wings back onto the cookie sheet, making sure you get all the mixture on them. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
5. Broil for about 5 minutes about 3-4 inches from the broiler element. Keep an eye on them so the cheese doesn’t burn.
6. Remove from oven and transfer to a platter and dig in!